Essay About Easy Crock Pot Venison Stew
It’s like meat and potatoes. Actually, it is EXACTLY that, and every tidbit as satisfying as it sounds!
Crockpot Venison Stew is a recipe so simple a beginner could make it, but by the time it’s ready you’d never know. As the meat simmers it softens, melding into a medley of beefy broth, hearty potatoes, softened carrots and fresh celery. And since it uses soup as its base, Venison Stew can be made with just a few basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
Canned beef stew used to be my favorite meal as a kid. I haven’t eaten it since discovering how easy and delicious Easy Crock Pot Venison Stew is to make right at home!
Prep time: 20 minCook time: 8 hoursReady in: 8 hours 20 minYields: 6-8 bowls of stew
- 1-2 lbs venison meat, cubed
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans condensed mushroom soup, any kind, like cream of mushroom, golden, or beefy mushroom
- 1 cube beef bouillon, (optional)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- pinch black pepper, ground
- 2 bay leaves
Mushroom Soup – the Choices
This recipe calls for “mushroom soup”, but it’s up to you which kind you choose! Pick from cream of mushroom, golden mushroom, or beefy mushroom – they all work excellent here. The recipe pictured here uses golden mushroom. The condensed soups however don’t have a lot of actual mushrooms in them – if you like mushrooms in your stew, just add some in with the other vegetables!
- Heat oil in skillet. Add venison, sprinkle with cumin, stir to coat, and brown on both sides. Leave very rare to finish cooking in crock pot.
- In crock pot whisk together bouillon (optional) and hot water. Add mushroom soups and whisk together.
- To the crock pot add browned venison, vegetables, worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and pepper. Stir.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. Stir every couple of hours. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Time For Stew!
And since it’s in the crock pot, it doesn’t really matter what time you eat it! Once the meat cooks thoroughly, the veggies soften, and the spices blend together, Easy Crock Pot Venison Stew is hot and ready anytime. This stew is a delicious dinner perfect for families with different schedules and dinner guests, and makes a great lunch the next day, too! Garnish with parsley, serve with buttered Italian or French bread, and enjoy the hearty taste and mouth-watering aroma of a house warmed by Easy Crock Pot Venison Stew.