Essay About Crispy, Homemade Spring Rolls
Hurry Up Recipe
- 1 package of coleslaw mix with carrots;
- 1 medium onion, chopped;
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt;
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce;
- 1 can bean sprouts or 1 cup bean sprouts;
- 1 pound ground beef.
Cook onion till translucent. Then add beef and let it brown.
Brown beef. Drain excess oil. Add all seasonings. Top with veggies. Toss till al dente. Allow to cool. Wrap in spring roll wrappers as demonstrated in the photographs.
Cook in medium high oil till golden brown. Remove from skillet to paper towels to drain.
Crispy, spring rolls are full of flavor and texture. You can make an all vegetarian version or fill them with your favorite meat(s).
When I lived in Japan, the young woman who would baby sit my daughter while I went off to school, taught me how to make spring rolls. This recipe is much simpler than the one she used however if you have lots of time you can use the original recipe she gave me. I really do like it but for a quick version of these rolls, give these a try.
These are a great appetizer, or side dish for a homemade Chinese dinner. They are yummy the next day cold or reheated.
Be careful…it is difficult to each just one.
Prep time: 15 minCook time: 15 minReady in: 30 minYields: 16 rolls
Redneck Spring Rolls
At Sonny’s Restaurant and probably in local establishments in your town you can now get redneck spring rolls.
They are wrapped in the same wrapper as is used in my recipe but have coleslaw, barbecued beef, pork, or chicken and other veggies if desired tucked up inside.
You can make your own. These are next on my agenda.
And I might add, they are tasty!!!!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or pork
- 1 medium carrot, medium chop
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage or nappa cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1-1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- l package spring or egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons water, to moisten wrappers
- Brown meat n a large skillet and add seasonings including soy sauce. Remove to drain excess oil
- Add onion to the skillet and cook onion till translucent i. Add meat and other veggies and toss till al dente.
- Remove from heat. let cool.
- Wrap in wrappers using photos to direct the wrapping process.
- Cook on medium high heat in oil till golden brown. Remove from skillet and let drain on paper towels. Serve with duck or plum sauce and hot mustard.
- These are great the next day cold or reheated.